A family favourite, and inexpensive.
A family favourite, and very easy to make
15 elderflower ‘flowers’
1 kg sugar
20 grams citric acid
1 liter water
- put the flowers in the water and let seep for 24 hours.
- strain the mixture carefully.
- Add the sugar and the citric acid.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer for 5 minutes. This improves the dissolution of the sugar in the water.
- Tip: Buy a whole pack of food-grade citric acid. It’s a wonderful descaler (use a 5% solution, i.e. 50 grams in one liter)